How does the licensing scheme work?
Here at the Sourdough School, we’re on a mission to reform breadmaking at every level. To this end, we offer both product and full menu development services to businesses of all sizes and natures- be that schools, airlines or cafes.
When a product has been developed according to the BALM© Protocol, you have the option to purchase licencing rights per product. Upon acquiring licensing rights, you will be given permission to use and share BALM© materials on your products.
10 Good reasons for BALM© licensing?
- We can increase nourishment to your bread, without costly investment in new plant.
- We will inspire and bring knowledge to your business.
- The authentic approach to improving existing bread appeals to customers – Evidence is that they would far sooner connect to genuine narrative that advertising
- Each licensed product will have a QR code on the packaging. When scanned, this will lead consumers to a bespoke webpage explaining the BALM© protocol and why imprinting bread matters.
- Consumers will learn how Sourdough School products are crafted to nurture health- from our carefully selected ingredients and process such as botanicals to our unique diversity flour blends.
- The licensing fees contribute to the social prescribing programme – an ambitious project to ensure our daily bread helps, not harms, health. As part of this programme, we offer scholarships and bursaries to both GPs and young bakers.
- Your consumers will learn how their money is funding bread reform and democratising nutritional education- a unique selling point in a saturated market.
- Not only does this give you a competitive edge, but it also demonstrates a sincere commitment to tackling health inequality.
- We will engage your customers on social media
- It really is time to do something different, and something that matters – we think nourishing, not feeding people counts.
What does a BALM© product look like?
In line with our protocol, all BALM© licensed products are regeneratively farmed, organic and crafted to support the gut microbiome. The rules governing BALM accreditation (minimum amounts of fibre and nutrients) are laid out here (create LINK). All BALM products are sourced and produced in line with our values, as laid out here (LINK).