We are a small family run business, and we hope that our terms and conditions below, are about fairness and integrity, and respect and protect both us and our students. Our policy is to be as open as possible, so we ask, and then confirm that you have read these terms in your booking form, to ensure that you understood them before booking.
A combination of both online learning & a week of learning here at The Sourdough School
The Sourdough School Diploma course is far more than just a week here at the Sourdough School. The Diploma is a combination of both online learning and attending the school. Your course begins 3 months before you attend the school, with a pre course syllabus, and we continue supporting your learning for 12 months program after attending. A great deal of care is put into making each course is successful, a significant amount of administration and direct costs are incurred for each booking a long time before you arrive at the school. We prepare the research and plan the schedule, prepare food, (especially some of our fermented foods,) communicate and prepare our students. Your course begins before you attend. Once you have been accepted to the course we supply you with a membership to the sourdough club so and ask that you complete the 3 month pre course syllabus to ensure that you have a minimum level of knowledge before attending. We then ask that you complete the post course syllabus at home, with the Sourdough club and continue to practice at home for the following 12 months, using the sourdough forum for feedback on your bakes and to discuss your progress.
Coronavirus bookings & Heath & Safety Policy update
- February 2020 UPDATE – Should any students wish to adjust their booking date due to the Coronavirus in their country we will extend the Vouchers to rebook courses for 2 years and wave the 3-month notification period to qualify for a voucher. – this means you can simply rebook when you are ready to travel.
- We ask that students travelling from areas with an outbreak rebook their course and we will issue a rebooking voucher. Please email Bookings@sourdough.co.uk
- If you require a cancellation letter rather than a voucher to rebook for your insurance claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 2020 UPDATE Please note that our teaching style has changed due to COVID and to allow our students to follow social distancing guidelines. We will be demonstrating making sourdough, and working with one mixer, Vanessa will make larger batches of dough. There will be ample will be opportunities to touch, taste, smell and feel the dough. It is important, however to understand that The School is a classroom, and the teaching style is about understanding the principles of sourdough rather than each of our students individually making bread. The practical side of learning to shape is supported by the sourdough club video tutorials for when you get home. This teaching style enables us to still run courses by maintaining a safe learning environment for both students and the team at the school. We ask that students are considerate of this approach and that you read and agreed to follow our COVID-19 guidelines before attending the school.
- Applications are not open to professionals who teach bread making. (The only exception to this is for Sourdough Sisters. Please see information below.)
- Workshops and Diplomas are not open to Coeliacs – we are very sorry but our insurance will not cover any teaching to anyone with this autoimmune disease.
- We reserve the right to request that you clear your attendance and participation with your doctor or GP in writing in the case of certain health issues.
- We send information on the syllabus, timetable, directions, course requirements, local accommodation. You agree to read this information before the course begins.
- Students are able to discuss personal details during the course without worrying about their details or participation being shared, therefore we ask that the classes are not videoed. All tutorials are available as videos on the online sourdough club pages.
Your application to attend the school
Attendance is dependent upon successful application. You will be emailed an application form, which you will need to fill in and return. Should we feel your application suits the workshop applied for we will email you to say that your application has been successful. If we feel that the workshop is not suitable, or we have any concerned then we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for a short interview.
We look for students who are motivated and inquisitive and are committed to the process of learning not just to make sourdough, but people who are interested and open in their approach to learning how to make sourdough and how bread potentially affects health and how baking sourdough bread fits into your overall lifestyle and diet, and more specifically the nutrition and digestibility of bread.
Your application will be assessed by the team at the sourdough school who will exercise discretion in interpreting what you want to learn and ensure that the course you are applying for suits your needs and expectations.
In assessing your application, we may consider:
We’re particularly keen to ensure that all our applicants will increase their levels of skills and the course is able to deliver the practical and theoretical knowledge to help you achieve your goals. It is also our policy not to tutor our competition.
For all courses, we reserved the right to interview you. It is a not a prerequisite for admission, however if we have concerns then we would prefer to talk with you directly. The structure of the interview is an informal 5 – 10 minute conversation on the phone, or via Skype of WhatsApp. This is also the opportunity for you to ask any specifics that you have about attending the course.
We aim to process decisions as quickly as possible. If for any reason we’re not able to make a decision for some time, we’ll contact you to explain the situation. You will receive an email asking to book at timeslot to suit. If, for any reason you feel this is not the right course for you, or that we feel that this is not the best workshop or course for you to attend then we will issue a full refund. Our decision is final.
Our invitation to attend
We’re committed to making offers that are appropriate to each applicant and therefore we have the discretion to formulate and vary the courses offered. We only make offers to students who we believe are capable of benefiting from, and successfully completing, the workshop or course. All offers are subject to our terms and conditions below.
Unforeseen circumstances do arise occasionally and we will do our very best to accommodate. With any form of travel, especially given the current changes in travel guidelines and restrictions it is best to be insured, so we advise that you to check with our insurance that that the costs for attending a course, including your flights, accommodation & the cost of the course are covered by your travel insurance before you book. Travel insurance can protect you against the things going wrong: cancelling or cutting short your trip for reasons beyond your control. missed transport or delayed departure for reasons beyond your control. medical and other emergencies.
Please note that by applying to the course that you sign in your application, to confirm that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions for The Sourdough School
Terms Client (you) hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
By applying for an event, workshop, diploma or course you agree to accept the following terms and conditions.
These are the terms of enrollment onto a course at The Sourdough School or to the content of The Sourdough School website. These terms and conditions constitute the terms of the legally binding contract (“the Contract”) between you, the student, any Guarantor set out in the enrollment form and The Sourdough School (“The School”)
Payment should be made in full at the time of application. If you cannot pay online then we can process your payment via BACS. The Sourdough School Ltd cannot take provisional bookings for courses and we are unable to confirm your place on a course until we have received payment in full.
- By attending a Sourdough course you are gifted a membership to become a member of The Sourdough School website as a Sourdough Club Ltd member. The membership to the club is governed by the Sourdough Club Ltd Terms and conditions of business.
- After 12 months you will be given the option to subscribe to a paid service your account active.
- All teaching material is considered to be intellectual property and as such you acknowledge and agree that the content, information, materials and comments in this website remain confidential to The Sourdough School.
- All users agree to maintain this content and all elements in strict confidence and not to disclose or provide access thereto to any unauthorized person or entity and are strictly for personal use only.
- This includes but is not limited to the following rules:
- Students are provided with a link to register for The Sourdough School students area of the website if they wish to use the research database.
Students do not have the right to share the password OR any document or material available on the website unless otherwise specified by Vanessa Kimbell in writing.
All users must not:
- Copy, publish or reproduce any of the content from this website
- Collect data and contact details of members for unsolicited commercial communication such as email.
- Remove any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from this website.
- Or use any content or information from this website in any way for a purpose other than personal use.
- Photograph other students on the courses – many students request privacy.
- The purpose of keeping your personal information is to keep you informed of courses, developments and special offers however we guarantee your details will not be sold for commercial purposes.
- We will remove your name from the databases upon request. In agreeing to allow your details to be stored in the first instance you recognize that we may retain your postcode information (without the property address) for statistical purposes.
- Newsletters sent by email by The Sourdough School contain the means of allowing you to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
Cancellations and refunds – The Sourdough School is unable to offer refunds on any courses booked.
The Sourdough School is unable to offer full refunds on any courses booked.
Cancellation by us.
In the unlikely event of a cancellation by The Sourdough School, we will undertake to provide you with a suitable course as soon as we are reasonably able. We will also provide you with a voucher so you can rebook your course, and extend the rebooking period to 18 months from the date of your course. We will also ensure that your Sourdough Club Membership is active and send you fresh sourdough starter.
Cancellation of a course by you.
- Should you notify us 3 months (12 weeks) or more before the date of your course booking then we will issue a Sourdough School re-booking voucher to the value of your course, but only in extenuating circumstances and at the sole discretion of The Sourdough School team. The voucher is valid for 12 months from issue. In this case, The Sourdough School must be advised in writing at least 3 months prior to the commencement of the course, and we would ask that you also provide a letter from your GP/consultant to confirm any personal or family medical emergencies.
- In the event that you are unable to attend a class and would like to send someone to replace you, please notify The Sourdough School in writing by email to email@example.com they will need to arrange an interview and reapply.
- If in extenuating circumstances (medical reasons) you cannot attend a course, we will refund minus an administration cost of £250 per booking.
- Your sourdough club membership will still be active for 12 months.
- Notification of Cancellations less than 3 months prior to the course are non refundable.
- ( The place that you have booked has been removed from sale – as almost all, our bookings are made 3- 6 months ahead it means that there is no longer enough time for any other participant to complete the pre course syllabus or practice before attending a course.)
- We do, however, add you to a cancellations list. This means if we get a cancellation, by another student then you will be sent an invitation inviting you to attend in their place via email. If you can attend then you simply confirm, and likewise, we advise you to check your travel insurance to make sure all your costs are covered.
Should you notify us of a medical condition, that is not covered by your travel insurance that prevents travel 3 months (12 weeks) or more before the date of your course booking. We will need you to send us a copy of your insurance and medical certificates from your doctor. Refunds are issued minus an admin fee of £250 ( This covers our administration costs and banking fees) We will also deduct the Sourdough Club annual fee of £199. You will retain your membership to the sourdough club for 12 months.
- The sourdough school vouchers must be used within 18 months from the date of issue.
- There is NO cash alternative or refund for vouchers.
- In the case of price changes of courses specifically booked the voucher price will be honoured.
The Sourdough Club
- There are no refunds whatsoever for enrollment of the Sourdough School Ltd or Sourdough Club Ltd membership.
- You accept that any breach of the terms and conditions will result in immediate cancellation/termination of the class.
Our Sourdough Sisters courses are run only for charity workers and are entirely for non-profit teaching. The information, recipes and knowledge passed on during the course, and the course material & recipes are only to be used to benefit the specified charity and its attendees, and is not to be used in any way for personal profit. We reserve the right to end membership to the sourdough club, should any sourdough sisters teach sourdough for personal profit.
For students participating in testing, you agree that all test results, including the Atlas Biomed microbiome tests are shared with The Sourdough School medical and science team and their contracted test partners. you may be invited to share your details for research, however, your identity and privacy remains confidential, and we would send you a separate agreement should this be the case.
We reserve the right to ask any student to leave the course / workshop immediately at any point due to any racist, abusive, homophobic, anti-social behaviour. It is entirely at our discretion to remove anyone from the classroom, without notice or refund.
Phones & photography
Many Students are uncomfortable being recorded or photographed. Please ask permission before taking photos of people. This includes the walks, that are still considered part of the course / workshop.
Phones may be used in allocated breaks, outside of the classroom and to record the practical tutorials.
Health & Safety
- Vanessa holds an up to date St John Ambulance Emergency Aid Certificate
- We have a 5-star Food Safety certificate rating.
- We request that you provide full details of any conditions including food allergies or digestive issues before attendance and give the location of any essential medicines on arrival at The Sourdough School.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety including following our COVID-19 health & safety policy guidelines. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological) which we consider to pose any medical, security or safety risk may lead to you being asked to leave the course without refund.
Whilst Vanessa is First Aid trained it is the responsibility of the student to inform the course tutor of any clinically diagnosed allergies and to inform the tutor where their medication/auto-injector is on the day of the course.
- All recipes, tutorials & photos are the intellectual property of Vanessa Kimbell. As such The Sourdough School Ltd agrees to provide tuition in accordance with promotions or schedules on the www.sourdough.co.uk website with due skill and care in accordance with best teaching practice and acknowledges that Vanessa Kimbell’s work is created and understood taught as a Masters / PhD student in nutrition and digestibility of bread.
- We do not offer medical advice, but ask that if you have any health concerns you are diagnosed by your GP.
- We provide all the ingredients, equipment, and any other equipment for the courses, except aprons.
- The Sourdough School regrets that we are unable to tailor courses to special dietary requirements however we do try and accommodate food preferences as far as possible. We are not a nut-free environment.
- The Sourdough School agrees to be responsible, so far as reasonably practical, for the health and safety of our equipment & ingredients used in the courses.
- The Sourdough School will not be responsible for, or have any liability to you for, accidental damage or injury arising during classes in your home or resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending the course. The Sourdough School will be responsible for damage directly caused by The Sourdough School if notified at the time.
- You must not bring any items of special value onto the School’s premises. The School will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- The School will not be liable for any loss suffered by you, which is indirect, special or consequential.
- The School will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event, which is beyond the reasonable control of the School.
- We have worked very hard on making a Victorian home accessible to all, however like many old houses our home has a few minor challenges for the less mobile. We have always been able to work around this in the past and these are minor issues. However, we would ask that you call to discuss your specific needs with Vanessa before booking.
- The Contract contains all of the contractual terms agreed between you, the invoice addressee and the School.
- No failure or delay by the School in enforcing any of its rights under the Contract shall be deemed to be a waiver of such right.
- The Sourdough School Ltd is trading as “The Sourdough School.”
- The Contract shall be governed by English law.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Term (“Terms”), together to be defined as the “Competition”, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms.
- The Competition(s) is organised and operated by THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD (its sponsor(s) or any company, radio station or website owned or controlled (directly or indirectly)(“us”, “we”, ”our” “THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD”). 3. Terms specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice included on the sourdough school website web page posting for such Competition (the “Competition Notice”) and are incorporated herein. In the event of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Terms at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within a Competition Notice or these Terms.
- In the event of any dispute regarding conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, our decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. Qualifying Entrants
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom.
- Employees of THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, any advertising agency connected with us, or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Additional eligibility requirements might apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence. Provision of such documents will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- We assume that by using our site and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Terms (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or your parents have consented to your entry of the Competition and use of these Terms.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has significantly breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, in our sole discretion we may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms.
- By signing the Agreement, you confirm and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, you have no medical condition that could be adversely affected by any of the events or activities planned or reasonably expected to be involved in the Competition. You must notify THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for travel or participation in the Competition as soon as you become aware of such a condition.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological).which THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD considers posing any medical, security or safety risk may lead to your immediate disqualification.
- You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD reserve the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its reasonable opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
- You agree not to carry on your person (or in your possession or control) or to purchase or consume during the Competition any illegal substance. You acknowledge and agree that alcohol consumption will only be allowed with the express prior consent of THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD and any health and safety team, who will have full authority to restrict your levels of consumption Competition Entries
- Only one entry per social media category, ie Instagram, Twitter, Facebook per Competition is allowed. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (in THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD’s absolute discretion).
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. 3. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition.
- The source material used by THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD’s question compilers shall be taken as correct.
- Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise by us, we do not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material, and may dispose of entries at our discretion.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by a member of our staff and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winners’ names may be published on our social media channels. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to request a proof of identity in the form of your passport, driving licence and a utility bill bearing your address.
- Prizes are awarded at our discretion and prizes may be withheld in the event of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. If the improper action is discovered after the prize has been released you undertake, if required, to return the same (or provide compensation) to THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD forthwith.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. We reserve the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All prizes will be presented to winners via the UK mail service unless otherwise noted. THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD does not accept any liability or claims for prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you
- We will not be responsible for replacing a prize if a concert or ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is cancelled or postponed. 9. Prizes must be taken in accordance with the dates and destinations and number of passengers specified by THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD
- There will be no cash alternative. There will be no alternative destination. 12. Courses are non-transferable. Courses are subject to availability. You must hold a valid UK passport with at least 6 months’ further duration (or competition entry will be invalid). 13. Courses are not available to persons under the age of 18 without the express prior written permission of THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD.
- You must comply with the terms and limitations of any insurance policy relating to the holiday.
- You must comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation and venues involved in the Competition or the Prize. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. 16. You are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same. No variation of these Terms is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD in writing.
- Passport control and in-country authorities will reserve the right to refuse entry. If you are refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be your sole responsibility.
- Any flights, other transport, airport details, accommodation or other aspects of the Prize, dates and times quoted by THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD or its agents are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice with no liability arising. You must have sufficient financial resources to meet any financial commitment which they may incur in connection with the Prize beyond those included in the Prize itself (including, without limitation, transfers to and from a London airport, meals and drinks).
- The winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability, requirements etc established by our prize partner(s). 20. You must comply with and are responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations required for your destination. Intellectual Property Rights 1. You hereby grant and assign to THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD the entire copyright and other intellectual property rights in and/or arising from your entry and your involvement in the Competition (including, without limitation, all interviews, pictures, audio, audiovisual, whether your appearance is featured or incidental) in all media and technology (the “Products”), and where such Products are not in existence at the date of this Agreement, by way of present assignment of future assignment. 2. You represent and warrant that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that you have obtained all consents and permissions in respect of the same. 3. For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition will vest exclusively in THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD for its own use (in its absolute discretion).
- In consideration of us agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to us the complete copyright and all other rights in any entry, which shall be for the full period of copyright. We shall be free to assign such rights to third parties. 5. You hereby warrant that the information that you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything, which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening and shall indemnify THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting our rights under your warranty and indemnity above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability for negligence by THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD or death or personal injury arising out of such negligence.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- It is agreed and accepted by you that THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD shall have no liability whatsoever in respect to competitions operated on behalf of third parties, eg. Sponsor. Confidentiality 1. You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any confidential information relating to THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
- You may not publicise your involvement in the competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD. Data Protection and Publicity 1. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity. 2. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not, subject to 55 above, be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. General 1. There is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Competition.
- The Terms (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD) supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, no information of any nature about the Competition or the Prize or any of these Terms should be relied upon unless confirmed in writing by THE SOURDOUGH SCHOOL LTD. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or part of a Term or Condition does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms. 3. In the event that any provision of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these Terms which shall continue in full force and effect. 4. The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies
- These Terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly, no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Jurisdiction 1. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. How to contact us: The Sourdough School Ltd, NN6 9AU UK
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- 1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules“) and apply to competitions (“Competition“) featuring in any The Sourdough School Ltd publications, leaflets, Internet site unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- 2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Rules“) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- 3. The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice.
- 4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 5 We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes such as vouchers and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered.
Qualifying Entrants to competitions
- 5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and/or the Isle of Man. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry“) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
- 6. Employees of The Sourdough School Ltd or any associated company of The Sourdough School Ltd and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- 7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- 8. The Sourdough School Ltd assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
- 9. The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- 10. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, The Sourdough School Ltd in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- 11. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Unless otherwise indicated photocopies of entry coupons are not accepted. Where a winner has been selected and The Sourdough School Ltd discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- 12. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- 13. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry
- 14. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with a The Sourdough School Ltd Today website if registration is required as part of the entry process. TheSourdough School Ltd wide competitions may charge premium rate only entry and may not offer a free entry route.
- 15. Where an offer is made for participation in a Competition involving a premium rate telephone call (where charges are a minimum of 50 pence in addition to the standard network charge), the Competition Notice will include details of the charge and any other guidance to which The Sourdough School Ltd must include in compliance with PhonepayPlus rules. Where entry to a Competition is by premium rate service, a free entry route may also be provided at the discretion of the relevant The Sourdough School Ltd publication.
- 16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. The Sourdough School Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- 17. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, The Sourdough School Ltd does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- 18. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 19. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the The Sourdough School Ltd publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
- 20. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- 21. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- 21. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of The Sourdough School Ltd and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- 23. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- 24. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- 25. The Sourdough School Ltd does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although The Sourdough School Ltd will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- 26. In consideration of The Sourdough School Ltd agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Juniper and Rose Kitchen Garden School Ltd(and third parties authorised by Johnston Press) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Juniper and Rose Kitchen Garden School Ltd(and third parties authorised by Johnston Press) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- 27. The Sourdough School Ltd does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. The Sourdough School Ltd may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- 28. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- 29. The Sourdough School Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Sourdough School Ltd is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Johnston Press’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- 30. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and The Sourdough School Ltd reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- 31. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by The Sourdough School Ltd for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist The Sourdough School Ltd to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- 32. By providing The Sourdough School Ltd with your personal data you consent to The Sourdough School Ltd transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If The Sourdough School Ltd does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
- 33. There is no cash alternative to prizes. Prize winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw date and it is the winner’s responsibility to provide the prize provider with full address and contact details within 5 days of being notified of their win. Failure to provide this information within the 5 days will result in the prize being forfeited
- 34. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland
Social media competition terms & conditions
By entering one of our social media competitions, you agree with and understand the following terms:
- This competition is hosted by The Sourdough School Moulton Rd, Pitsford, Northampton NN6 9AU.
- This competition is open to over 18’s only.
- Entrants cannot be an employee of the competition host.
- Entries must be received by the date stated in the main competition post.
- The winner/s will be picked according to what is stated in the main competition post.
- We reserve the right to offer an alternative price or amend the rules of the competition if necessary.
- Entrants must be a resident of the United Kingdom unless otherwise stated in the main competition post.
- Entries on competitions ran on social media means you agree to the complete release of Instagram.
- You acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
All competitions are subject to our general terms and conditions.