Sourdough the Gut Microbiome for Sports People Workshop Application
“It is beyond bread’
Want to go the distance? This workshop is for anyone interested in sourdough, blood sugar management and sports, including those working with sportspeople or professional athletes. High-intensity sports affect digestion and the gut microbiome, often resulting in bloating, pain and nausea during training. This workshop stemmed from one of our students (who is a British Olympic Coach,) wanting to explore the evidence around fermentation for long slow release of carbohydrates, and ways to increase resistant starch, and support gut microbial heath for sportspeople.
What is a sourdough workshop?
Learn to Make Sourdough
You will learn more than you even knew there was to learn, including:
- Every step of making sourdough
- Starter refreshment
- Blending and milling flour
- Familiarisation of the variables affecting fermentation
- About fibre, protein & gluten in the flour
- An overview of nutrition & digestibility of bread
- Eating symbiotically for optimal gut health
- Why diversity is key to gut health
- About the gut microbiome and why the kind of bread you eat matters
- Probiotics & prebiotics
What is included:
- A lifetime membership to The Sourdough Club.
- An exclusive ceramic jar with breathable wooden lid & some of our starter to take home
- A set of sourdough record cards
- A personalised signed The Sourdough School book worth £24.99
- All the teaching materials & supporting documentation
- A personalised embossed Diploma certificate
- A Sourdough School workbook that you fill in as part of the week to write up all the recipes we develop, any notes and information you want to remember.
- A selection of flour that we use on the course.
- You can also book a wine tasting & tour of the vineyard (providing the proprietors are available)
- All food & drinks whilst at the school are provided, including lunch out on Tuesday when we go to the farm shop or market.
- There are just 4 places available on each course.