SOURDOUGH SCHOLARSHIP FOR PROFESSIONAL JUNIOR BAKERS
We allocate 10% of the places on our courses for free to young professional bakers; in essence, we are investing in the next generation of bakers.
We have just opened up our first scholarships for 2019: One space on our 3 Day Sourdough and Gut Microbial Health Course this June and a second space on the same course in September.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a junior baker to learn more about the health and digestibility of bread, specifically how sourdough and long fermentation can help ease digestion. This opportunity is ideally suited to a young baker (aged approximately 18-30) who has recently qualified and wants to continue learning and growing as a baker.
All of the knowledge you can gain from this long weekend can be used and applied within a bakery, not just to help better your sourdough bread but also to help you understand the digestibility and nutritional value of the bread you bake. By attending this course, not only will you will benefit but as will the bakery you work with.
There are currently two opportunities for young professional bakers to join us for this course: 7th – 9th June 2019 and 6th – 8th September 2019, here at The Sourdough School in rural Northamptonshire, UK. Each day you’ll be learning 10am – 6pm from the passionate founder of The Sourdough School, Vanessa Kimbell. Vanessa is a French-trained & qualified baker & chef and currently studying towards a PhD in Nutrition & Digestibility of Bread, so you can also expect a truly delicious long weekend of amazing loaves and delicious lunches devised to optimise gut microbial health. This course is normally £1299 but we are offering up this one rare space as a free scholarship to the right baker.
- A test to check the composition of your gut microbiome. The cost of the tests are included as part of the course. (This will be supplied after the course).
- A 3 Day Sourdough & Gut Microbial Health course here at the school.
- A 12-month home-development program, with a class forum, formula’s & step by step guides.
Want to apply for a Sourdough Scholarship?
- Ensure to repost or retweet our social media post regarding the Sourdough Scholarship using the hashtag #sourdoughscholarship
- Complete the application form below
Please select a valid form.
Applications must be received by midnight 3rd June 2019. The successful applicants will be informed on 5th June 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
- This scholarship application is hosted by The Sourdough School Moulton Rd, Pitsford, Northampton NN6 9AU.
- This opportunity is open to over 18’s only and ideally between 18 and 30 years however we can be flexible depending on the right applicant.
- Entries must be received by midnight Monday 3rd June 2019.
- The chosen applicants will be informed on Wednesday 5th June 2019.
- The chosen applicants will be chosen in accordance with the application instructions and by residual discretion of Vanessa Kimbell. All entries will be examined and the scholarships awarded to the entires that Vanessa Kimbell considers the best for this opportunity.
- The scholarship cannot be exchanged for monetary value and cannot be rescheduled.
- No accommodation or travel costs are included.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this application process and these courses at any time.