Our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of our teachers, students, and our wider communities. We understand that people may feel anxious about attending a course, so we have changed the way we teach to fit in line with current government advice.
The teaching style at the sourdough school is participtive demonstration and lectures. The practical aspect of making bread yourself will be carried out at home, allowing students to remain socially distanced throughout.
Each day when you arrive at the School, we will take your temperature. If you have a temperature you will be asked to go home.
- The sourdough school has been thoroughly cleaned and will continue to be, on an ongoing basis.
- As the wearing of a face covering is now compulsory in many enclosed spaces, we will ask that whilst inside that everyone wear a mask as a courtesy to others, unless you are unable to do so.
- The classes are predominantly demonstration only, however students will be able to follow Vanessa closely to learn how to make sourdough each day, and will be encouraged to touch, smell and feel the dough.
- Vanessa will not be able to provide `hands on` adjustments or teaching dough handling at this time, this requires close physical contact.
- We will mix a large batch of dough, and when you shape your loaf, you will be asked to do so individually at the bench, again to maintain social distancing.
- Lunch will be served each day at 1pm The Griffin Inn, where you will be able to take your bread to be part of lunch serving local produce.
- Please do not bring any personal items that are not needed as space is a premium.
- Please bring with you something warm to wear as we will have the full front of the sourdough school open to the garden. We will, whenever possible teach in the open when the weather allows to allow for maximum ventilation.
- You are welcome to use hand santiziers, however they can be very drying and can affect the sourdough, so you will be asked to wash your hands for the full 20-30 seconds with soap every time you arrive in the classroom, including after lunch.
- You will be asked to keep one cup as the one you use all week and you should minimize the touching of surfaces whenever possible.
- I will open the door to my home to ensure that the school is very well ventilated, but you are asked respectfully to not to go into my home area.
- Wear an extra layer of clothing if need be which can then be removed.
- The toilets should only be used by 1 person at a time.
- Once your class is finished please take personal belongings and leave the school in an orderly fashion while maintaining an awareness of social distancing.
- If you begin to show any signs of Covid then you shouldn`t attend class.
- Please do make sure that you are fully insured both medically and to claim the cost of the course, in case of any symptoms.