We realised a long time ago that not everyone can come to one of our workshops however we do offer a subscription based learning course.. but it is far more than just a course . It is a club membership. The course is just one part of the package, because there is support far beyond just learning to make one loaf. There is over 7 years of detailed posts and get pages are full of recipes, techniques, and advise on timings and articles on nutrition and ingredients too.
The Sourdough School Club is now in it’s seventh year. It began as a newsletter and in 2013 we started to add content online to continue to support and inspire students who had attended the school
As part of our Birthday celebration we have decided that the next 50 members to join will be posted out for FREE a beautiful ceramic pot of our Sourdough starter to get you going. The pot’s are posted out twice a month and are a free gift from me, along with a scraper and a small amount of flour for your first refreshment. ( please note that the Free pots are limited to the first 50 members and if you are outside of the EU then you will need to pay the postage and getting touch with use to get a price)
The sourdough club has hundreds of sourdough baker members worldwide, from Japan to New Zealand, Malaysia, Canada, USA, Norway, Australia, Hong Kong and the UK to name just a few. We’ve now extended the ability to subscribe to the club to everyone, via an online membership. New recipes, video’s and tips are uploaded regularly. There is a forum and an Instagram feed dedicated to the online club to feedback to #sourdoughclub; it is a great place to get help and support, and is international so you can also interact directly with each other and chat to Vanessa or our guest tutors to share knowledge and advice.
You can upload photos and comments to your own profile and chat and comment on other club members posts, and have full access to all the club recipes, offers, tips, techniques and ideas. The members directory means that you can connect to all the other members, all over the world which is often useful when trying to find out about local flour and tips from bakers who are in the same locality, and you can keep on learning and stay inspired.
- Monthly recipes that we have now added the ability to buy the flour listed (with international shipping available)
- Detailed sourdough step by step guides
- The Sourdough clinical research database used for the sourdough nutrition and digestion courses (used for the RCGP approved course)
- More importantly your membership means you can read through the SOURDOUGH ADVICE pages to increase your knowledge with detailed information about flour, history of sourdough, and there are new recipes and challenges that go up regularly.
- Members have exclusive access to SOURDOUGH RECIPES and teaching information for the sourdough beginners courses well as links to the ingredients so you can buy the same flour, or equipment mentioned.
- Once a year members may attend The Sourdough Exchange (an event held in early summer to celebrate sourdough and to swap loaves with other members)
- Members also have full access to instructional video’s, charts, and step by step instructions.
- Members are also able to contact The School for specific advice about their sourdough.
- Members get discounts to various sourdough related shops and events
- You will get previews and exclusives, and giveaways of any sourdough related events, books, and news and we will pass on any promotional codes for relevant books or invitations to book signings from publishers
- Access to the Facebook forum with regular live feeds direct from The Sourdough School Classes
- Last minute cancelled courses are always offered for free to club members on a first come first serve basis.
- A regular online sourdough clinic to identify any ongoing issues – dates to follow.
- And finally membership includes a complimentary pot of our certified organic sourdough starter, made from Vanessas’s starter which is more than 100 years old, plus our Sourdough School labeled ceramic storage jar. We will ship this to you.