Level: For Any level
Tutor: Vanessa Kimbell
Full Price: £1795
Date: Monday 1 July 2019
Time: 10am - 6pm Monday - Sunday
Availability: Last few spaces available
– Bread & Guts –
SUMMARY of course:
This is our most in depth course. The 7-day Bread & Guts diploma courses takes your knowledge and understanding of the art of sourdough bread to another level. You will be making make beautiful sourdough, whilst learning about yourself and the composition of your gut microbiome, and how your diet affects both your physical and mental well being
- ATTEND a 1 week diploma course at The Sourdough School in Northamptonshire..
- LEARN TO BAKE SOURDOUGH every aspect of baking sourdough bread from start to finish. From cultivation of a starter, mixing, shaping, scoring and baking beautiful sourdough loaves.
- KNOWLEDGE you will bake with Rye, Spelt, Barely, Oats and Wheat. You will lean to mill your own flour at home and to fit a baking schedule into everyday life.
- NOURISHMENT we explore our own gut microbes and specifically why our own microbial community is are integral to wellness, and you will learn how to optimally blend and ferment ingredients to support the mutualistically beneficial symbiotic relationship with your own microbes.
- PERSONALISED This program is about understanding yourself. We evolved microbially and to understand the role of bread and digestion. 2 months before the course begins students will be sent a test to understand their own personal gut microbiome before attending the course, & we retest your biome 3 months after the course to see of there are any tangible changes in the balance of your microbiome
- SYMBIOTIC EATING We’ll be talking about both probiotics and prebiotics and making cultured butter, french style garden fruit compotes & sauerkraut.
- SUPPORT The course is supported with a 12 Month Learning Program.
We only teach a handful of courses each year, and the tutorial groups are small. The bread and guts week is particularly special because there is time to completely immerse yourself in the subject and over 7 days really get to grips with the routine of baking sourdough. about understanding every aspect of bread. I
The week is an even split of both practical and theory PLEASE SEE HERE FOR THE FULL COURSE SYLLABUS, TIMINGS & LINKS TO ACCOMODATION HERE
Any Questions? Just send us an email and we’ll get back to you firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any advice
Before you apply Please see full terms and conditions here – Students must be over 18 years old to attend.