Application to join
- The Sourdough Club Membership is currently closed. We have reached our capacity as there are a limited number of memberships available.
- We will open up the application for membership on the 28th October 2021 at 7pm and applications will close ( until January 2022 ) on the 4th November at 7pm
- We will review your applications and if successful we let you know by the close of business on November 12th and you will have access to the syllabus and the club level membership and will be informed in an email.
- We will review you application and we will let you know with in a week.
What is membership?
The membership numbers are limited because we provide support and guidance to our members in a live forum.
This is where we share our recipes, tutorials, tips, lessons so that you can learn how to make healthy sourdough where ever you are.
Yes this is about learning to make sourdough bread, but not all bread is created equal. This is about making the most nutritious bread, and making this central part of your lifestyle. Changing your approach to your most basic food and understanding how you sourdough can improve your gut health, weight management and mental health and improve the way you feel. You can either:
- Follow our living syllabus. The course is structured with a week by week lesson plan but there are new recipes and tutorials added in real time throughout the year.
- Or you can use the club as library of teaching resources and support and just enjoy the community and content.
Learn more than you ever knew there was to know…
Is it worth it?
Our approach is about baking for both physical and mental health and baking for the people we love. The course has been curated from ten years worth of my lessons, tutorials and videos from the Sourdough School, and deep knowledge of baking and nourishing the gut microbiome, and it is supported by our in house team of health experts.
How does it work?
This is structure course with lessons, tutorials, recipes, and details videos and a paced pathway so you can bake every week over a year and in the same way I was once taught on my apprenticship I will build your confidence, prioritising understanding and knowledge. This is the most comprehensive course you can do online as a guided learning pathway and you join our private support group with our community on the forum.
You will learn how to:
- Why you must get to know your flour
- The differences between roller milled & stoneground flour
- How to refresh, maintain and connect to your starter
- When it matters to change your starter into a chocolate or sweet starter
- The mechanisms to control fermentation
- How to bake to suit your schedule
- How to mill your own flour
- All about Botanical Blend flour
- Why your gut microbiome is important
- What to do when things go wrong
- The flavour and nutritional properties of heritage grains, including Einkorn, Emmer, Spelt and Khorasan
- Mixing, shaping, scoring and baking techniques
- To assess and recalibrate your baking
- To get a wonderful open honeycomb crumb structure
- Use up left over starter
You will practice not just to bake sourdough but to apply knowledge and you will be guided along a syllabus that builds your baking skills up with recipes that include:
- High hydration sourdough boules
- Sourdough Brioche
- 10 minute sourdough technique
- Sourdough fizz
- Cultured butter
- Pickles & Compotes & Soups to eat your bread with
… and of course by the end of the program you will be baking beautiful open crumb boules both light flavoured French style Pain De Campagne and those lovely tangy San Francisco style open crumb boules. The First Year is £259 … and if you would like to stay we have included the option of a reduced monthly Alumni fee members feed of £4:99 a month there after.