5 Day Sourdough Diploma
What will I learn?
- How to look after a wholegrain starter
- To blend and mill your own flour
- How to make a classic sourdough boule
- You will learn to make our classic diversity sourdough tin loaf
- Which variables affect the fermentation?
- How much to hydrate your bread by
- How to get an open crumb structure
- About fibre, protein & gluten in the flour
- Understanding shaping
- How to score sourdough
- An overview of nutrition & digestibility of bread
- To eat symbiotically for optimal gut health
- Why diversity is key to gut health
- About the gut microbiome and why the kind of bread you eat matters
- Probiotics and prebiotics
What is included
- 12 months – a Gold membership to The Sourdough Club. (RRP £199)
- An exclusive ceramic jar with breathable wooden lid & some of our starter to take home
- A set of sourdough record cards
- A personalised signed The Sourdough School book worth £19.99 (we also stock other books by Vanessa – if you have this one already we can offer another instead or we can gift you a bottle of wine from the family Vineyard.)
- All the teaching materials & supporting documentation
- A personalised embossed Diploma certificate of attendance
- A Sourdough School Workbook – a stunningly beautiful workbook that you fill in as part of the week to write up all the recipes we develop, any notes and information you want to remember. It is an amazing keepsake and one that you will keep adding to when you go home.
- A selection of flour that we use on the course, to get you going when you get home.
- Wine tasting & tour of the family vineyard (providing the proprietors are available)
- All food and drinks whilst at the school are provided, including lunch out on Tuesday when we go to the farm shop or market.
There are just 4 places available on each course.
All of our information for attendees can be found here
Please do always read our Terms and Conditions before you book.