“It is beyond bread’
The microbiome is at the core of our research on bread and this is the Bread & Guts workshop – we will be creating our bread around a savoury sourdough theme with a focus on using and combining ingredients with evidence of a beneficial effect on the gut microbiome. We’ll be creating a blend of flour, milling the grains to make fresh flour and creating new formulae for some beautiful gut-friendly sourdough bread.
What is a sourdough workshop?
Learn to Make Sourdough
You will learn more than you even knew there was to learn, including:
- Every step of making sourdough
- Starter refreshment
- Blending and milling flour
- Familiarisation of the variables affecting fermentation
- About fibre, protein & gluten in the flour
- An overview of nutrition & digestibility of bread
- Eating symbiotically for optimal gut health
- Why diversity is key to gut health
- About the gut microbiome and why the kind of bread you eat matters
- Probiotics & prebiotics
What is included:
- A lifetime membership to The Sourdough Club.
- An exclusive ceramic jar with breathable wooden lid & some of our starter to take home
- A set of sourdough record cards
- A personalised signed The Sourdough School book worth £24.99
- All the teaching materials & supporting documentation
- A personalised embossed Diploma certificate
- A Sourdough School workbook that you fill in as part of the week to write up all the recipes we develop, any notes and information you want to remember.
- A selection of flour that we use on the course.
- You can also book a wine tasting & tour of the vineyard (providing the proprietors are available)
- All food & drinks whilst at the school are provided, including lunch out on Tuesday when we go to the farm shop or market.
- There are just 4 places available on each course.